This is our journey to parenthood! We created this blog so that our loved ones could share in the excitement and not miss a beat. We hope you enjoy it!

Friday, July 20, 2007

The Adventure Begins



It was a nice June night when....No we WILL NOT start there :); we'll start from the day we found out the great news!! July 11th!

Adam had a long day of firefighting and we were going to take a nap before dinner. I had to potty before we laid down and had one last pregnancy test left so I decided to take it. (I had taken one on Sunday but it was negative) After a few seconds a faint second pink line began to show. I didn’t believe it so I asked Adam to look. He agreed, it looked as if another line was forming! I didn’t believe it! The line was not dark enough for me so after much begging Adam and I headed for the store for a digital test without our nap. We went to K-Mart since that was the first store once on our way. Well, they had a digital test but it was a generic one-NOPE-not good enough. I would still question the results...is it positive because its generic? So, we headed next door to Kroger. Finally, a brand name digital test-bought it! Went home, cooked dinner, ate dinner and while Adam was washing dishes (I know, what a good husband) and without telling Adam I headed upstairs to take the digital test. Sure 'nough....no denying the word "Pregnant" on that stick!!!! So, I composed myself, dug in my draw for the shirt Adam had wanted long ago that read "I 'heart' Hot Moms" (that I didn’t want him to have since if he wore it before now he'd be talking about other women) and headed downstairs. I looked at him while he was washing and said "Guess you can wear this shirt now!!" He said of course-"Nu-huh" I said YES!!!!!! "You’re pregnant?" YES!!!! And then we hugged and cried!!! It could not have been more wonderful!!!

No comments: