This is our journey to parenthood! We created this blog so that our loved ones could share in the excitement and not miss a beat. We hope you enjoy it!

Friday, July 20, 2007

First Appointment

Well, yesterday was my first appointment. Dr. Scott said everything "looks" great. (that's kinda weird right, since...well....he "looked"--nevermind)

They made me pee in a cup again (which peeing is NOT too much to ask for these days) to check my protein and sugar levels-everything was normal. The nurse also gave me a bag full of freebees, brochures, info....it was great!! Then Dr. Scott examined me, everything "looked" good. I am about 6 weeks! Then came the blood tests!! Geez, they sure do take a lot of blood from someone who is trying to create a life!! They are testing for all sorts of things...really that's boring to get into so we'll move on. Before I could leave I had to speak with the Finance Lady. She is super nice! She went over the cost of delivery without insurance, she went over the cost of my co-pay, she went over the payment plan, she went over the procedure for informing the hospital...well you get the point!! :) Then I was on my way...short and sweet!! Next appointment is July 30th....a sonogram!!! YEA, we get to see our precious!!!!

I feel pretty good...when I eat ANYTHING I get nauseous-nothing coming up, just yucky feeling. The doc and others inform me that this will past after the first trimester. So, I really have no appetite and I must make myself eat so little sweet pea (that's the baby's size now) will get all the nutrients it needs.
*WARNING: details about my changing body* My breasts are getting so huge!!! I paid good money to have those things smaller and now!! Sheesh! You can see blue veins all over my chest...looks like a dang road map!! But, that’s good. Means everything is doing what it's supposed to!! I am tired ALL OF THE TIME!!! In fact, I could go to sleep right now!!! I rest on my lunch breaks and go to bed early!! (So no calling after 9:30ish :)) But, yes, I feel wonderful!! I would go through 100x's more "stuff" if it meant we would be bringing a healthy child of God into the world.

Please keep us (all 3 of us :)) in your prayers!!

No comments: